AI for Biker
How might we create a safer experience for cyclists to commute?
Current Technology in Mobility
Top 3 accidents: 1. Cracked sidewalk 2. Tripped/fell 3. Hit by a car
1. Safety is a main concern for cyclists
2. Lack of Bicycle Infrastructure and Education
3. Technology intervention helps
1. HMW help cyclists to always be visible for other vehicles, especially at night?
2. HMW better utilize existing space in order to accommodate cars, bikes and pedestrians?
DESIGN X TECHNOLOGY
DSRC (Dedicated Short Range Communications)
DSRC (Dedicated Short Range Communications) is a two-way short- to- medium-range wireless communications capability that permits very high data transmission critical in communications-based active safety applications.
DSRC was developed with a primary goal of enabling technologies that support safety applications and communication between vehicle-based devices and infrastructure to reduce collisions.
We leverage DSRC in our biker-based ecosystem to create a safer experience for bikers on the road.
Even now, a large amount of data can be collected by a car
DSRC facilitates two-way, medium range communication
Automate: Turn signals are flashed as a safety precaution
Halo: smartphones are halo’d instead of the bike itself
Enhance: human perception is redirected and improved